Neel Raheja is the Group President of K Raheja Corp. He is a scion of the Indian business tycoon, Chandru Raheja. The 44-year old is a cornerstone in extending the family real estate business towards retail brands, including Shoppers Stop, Inorbit Mall, and Crossword, in addition to the commercial business parks and residential offerings from the real estate business.
At an age of 18, when most students remain unaware about their career paths, Neel began his journey in his family business. With his expertise, the business verticals of K Raheja Corp have been thriving. His proficiency and ideas have been crucial for the strong foothold that the business has maintained.
Neel Raheja was born on June 27, 1974 in the family of the Indian entrepreneur, Chandru Raheja. He is the younger brother of Ravi Raheja. Neel has a keen interest in travelling and reading. Moreover, in sports, he follows squash and football. In fact, he still loves to play football and takes out time for it, from his busy schedule.
Neel Raheja has a strong foundation in finance. He holds a degree in Law from Mumbai University. He also attained his post-graduation in Commerce from the same University. Besides, he is an alumni of the Harvard Business School, Boston, Massachusetts, where he pursued Owner/President Management Program. It was in 1993, when Neel Raheja joined the realm of his father. He has extended K Raheja Corp beyond the periphery of real estate. Under his supervision, the company has been scaling new heights.
Having a greater vision for the company, Neel has been branching out their real estate business to retail and hospitality, over the last 17 years. At present, he has over nineteen years of experience in real estate development, in hospitality, and in retail.
Apart from being the Group President at K Raheja Corp, he is the Director of the company since May 16, 2004. He also serves as a Managing Director at Chalet Hotels Limited.
Neel Raheja, also holds office as President, NAREDCO West. Besides, he is the Co-Chair at CII-National Committee on Real Estate and Housing, Vice Chairman of CORENET, an Advisory Committee member of MCHI-CREDAI, and the Chairman, India Chapter of APREA.
Identifying the need of intelligent work spaces, Neel has been instrumental in the establishment of ‘Mindspace’ IT Parks across India. They are currently present in Malad, Mumbai, HITEC City, Hyderabad, Airoli, Navi Mumbai, and Yerwada in Pune.
The 44-year-old businessman has been the man behind developing the Inorbit Shopping Mall at Malad, Mumbai. Besides, he takes keen interest in the development of Shoppers Stop business and has also been bringing the retail business, Crossword, to life.
The far-sighted entrepreneur has been involved in setting up premium luxury hotels around the country. These majorly include – The Renaissance Mumbai Convention Centre Hotel, J. W. Marriott Mumbai Juhu, J. W. Marriott Mumbai Sahar, Marriott Whitefield in Bengaluru, The Westin in Hyderabad, Four Points by Sheraton in Vashi, Marriott Executive Apartments in Mumbai and The Resort in Madh-Marve.
One of the respected names in the Industry, Neel Raheja also chairs some of the important committees that shape key industry developments. His providence has been the foundation of the position that K Raheja Corp has earned.
ABOUT K RAHEJA CORP
- Real Estate: K Raheja Corp is the first to introduce the concept of self-contained township and commercial business districts. These include all the facilities such as residential apartments, offices, and malls, virtually making it a mini city.
- Retailing: Establishing the giant retail chain, Shoppers Stop, K Raheja Corp became the first to initiate retail boom in India. Other highlighting features of its retail business include Crossword, Inorbit Mall, and Hyper City.
- Hospitality: K Raheja Corp ushered a new era of hospitality with its business vertical – Chalet Hotels. The motive behind the venture was to meet the business and leisure needs of the travellers.
Latest posts by Martina Smith (see all)
- Sri Lal Mahal Group MD, Prem Garg: Bureaucracy needs to be limited for trade to flourish - December 6, 2018
- AMRI Hospitals ranks as top multi-specialty health centre in The Week-Hansa survey 2018 - November 22, 2018
- Chandru Raheja envisions a greener environment with K Raheja Corp - November 22, 2018