A good financial plan is a road map that shows us exactly how the choices we make today will affect our future
– Alexa Von Tobel
A lucrative career option – Post Graduation Diploma Management in Finance is one of the most popular courses among students around the world. It offers tremendous job opportunities. Working in the finance industry, you will be exposed to acquisitions and mergers, working capital management and a lot more. Through this exposure, you will critically learn the skills you need to be a successful professional in the field of finance.
Counsellors at iFEEL Institute, one of the leading PGDM colleges, state that upon the successful completion of your course, you will have ample career opportunities. Generally, the fields related to finance management include retail banking, taxation, investment banking, risk management, equity analyst, business analyst, personal finance, asset management, etc. The job opportunities are not only associated with these industries, but they run parallel with the growth of other industries as well.
Amongst several other career options, counsellors at iFEEL institute claim that there are 5 main opportunities you must know before you opt for PGDM course in Finance.
- Finance Managers
- Investment Bankers
- Financial Planners
- Financial Advisor
- Banker: They help clients with big capital markets by selling equity within corporations. Other responsibilities include helping clients with mergers and acquisitions and advising them on investment opportunities.
Pay Scale: They earn an average of 5 lakhs per annum after 3 years of experience.
- Finance Manager: The major responsibilities are to manage the financial health of the clients. They analyse financial reports and investment activities, and develop long term strategies and plans to achieve financial plans of the organizations.
Pay Scale: Around 9 lakhs per annum in their first 5 to 8 years.
- Investment Banker: They perform several roles in the financial investment sector. They are key responsibility holders during mergers and acquisitions, they underwrite new stock issues, and act as financial advisors to several high-profile clients.
Pay Scale: Investment banker earns 2-4 lakhs a year during their initial years.
- Financial Planner: Financial planning covers all the sectors of client’s financial needs and goals. They play an important role in risk management and insurance planning, investment and planning issues, tax planning and a lot more.
Pay Scale: They earn 3-5 lakhs per annum during their initial stages.
- Financial Advisor: Their job is to advice and helps the clients to plan their short- and long-term financial plans and goals. This can be advice to buy a home, paying children’s education fees and retirement amongst many other things.
Pay Scale: Annual salary varies from 7-10 lakhs at senior level.
Career after pursuing PGDM in finance is definitely bright if you have an interest in the sector and if you are willing to work hard to achieve your goal.