Pearson Test of English (PTE) is one of the leading agencies which conducts English tests for study abroad and immigration programs. It helps in certifying the proficiency of non-native speakers across the globe. It has a number of authorized test centers which conduct a fully computerized online test.
The test is preferred over the other exams as it does not contain any ambiguous questions. It follows a transparent and uniform scoring pattern given by the automated machines. The best part about the PTE test is that it can be booked on flexible dates and the results are declared within 5 business days. The scores of the test are accepted by more than 6000 organizations and institutes across the globe. You can also send the scores to a number of universities at the same time.
Here are some of the useful tips to achieve a high PTE Academic Score:
- Comprehensive study of the syllabus
- In order to score well in PTE test, it is recommended to start preparing for it in advance.
- Cover the important parts like grammar, vocabulary and spellings
- Work upon the general linguistic range and improve the development, coherence and structure of your writing skills.
- Develop a good command over English and its fluency. You should try to avoid stopping for more than 3 seconds while speaking.
- Discover your weaker sections through the mock tests and work upon them
- A proper coaching from language experts can help you in improving your overall performance in the test
Having a good PTE score can help the student in getting a visa easily. It can also help him in getting admission in reputed institutes all over the world. For the students looking forward to work and live abroad, PTE score holds a great importance.
PTE test is divided into four sections:
okayA satisfactory score in PTE academic test can be attained through a rigorous practice and good preparation. You can register for the online mock test to prepare for the test and practice to complete the test within the stipulated time duration.
There are a number of important terms in PTE Scores which the candidate must know before taking the test, such as:
Overall Score: It covers the sum total of all the scores after assessing all parts of the test. 10-90 points is the range of the test score.
Communicative Skills Score: It is based on the communicative skills (listening, reading, speaking, and writing) of the candidate. 10-90 points is the score range in each skill.
Enabling Skills Scores: The enabling skills score is assessed by evaluating the writing and speaking skills of the candidate. It is based on the oral fluency, grammar, pronunciation, spelling, vocabulary, and written discourse. The score is given between 10-90 points.
A good preparation is imperative for succeeding in the PTE test. Seeking guidance from experts can be of great help to you. It is crucial to adopt a definite approach and have a proper study material while preparing for this test. Good luck!